It's been a month since my surgery and as promised, here is a post detailing my experience for the second session of my revision lipo - calves and ankles liposuction by Dr. Arthur.
Day 1
Took off for a midnight flight from Melbourne and transit at KL to Medan. It was a pretty exhausting from all the travelling and my surgery was scheduled on the day as well so I was mentally ready to doze off as soon as the surgery is done haha.
When I reached Medan I kinda ran towards the immigration and baggage collection area because I was feeling quite paranoid after reading the stories sent by Jennifer via email about stolen/opened luggage. That definitely made me more aware of my personal belongings while I was in the airport too. Thank god my luggage and belongings are all fine!
I was greeted by a chinese man whose name is Tommy at the arrival hall as I had booked for the chauffeur service through jennifer again (elixir de vie is really helpful in many ways including assisting you from your arrival all through departure from Medan and that’s really nice of them unlike some other clinics!). I was aware of the duration of the journey by car as the traffic in Medan, or rather most part of Indonesia per se, is practically insane. However I am not familiar with the directions (I have no sense of it haha) and I wasn’t gonna take a risk in getting lost especially when my surgery is scheduled later in the afternoon. As I mentioned, the traffic in Medan is crazy and hence the ride wasn’t smooth but somehow the bumpy car ride didn’t wake me up from my short nap in the car as I was so exhausted from the flight.
After about 1.5 hours, I finally reached elixir de vie and was again greeted by the ever so bubbly yusma. It was really nice seeing her again and she actually remembers me! We did the same procedure as usual where I had to sign some consent forms and I was directed to my room and asked to shower and changed into a gown to get ready for a consultation with Dr Arthur.
During the consultation, Dr Arthur examined my calves and told me stories about how some women regretted having fats removed in the medial region below the knee as it is caved inwards rather than straight.
![]() |
After the consultation, i was sent back to my room to have lunch and not long after, deng deng deng i was sent back down for my operation.
Dr. Arthur did the pre-op marking first before the op. I will upload the videos as soon as I can get a hold of them!
If I haven't mentioned, I opted for 3d lipo which is Dr. Arthur's signature procedure. Also I would say that this session was really so much more painful that the thigh lipo. This is because there are a lot of nerves and muscles there so calves and ankles lipo is very traumatic. It is in fact the most traumatic procedure compared to having lipo in other parts of the body. I remembered feeling weird tingly sensations when Dr was inserting his syringe aka magical wang and pulling it back and forth and that was because it hit the nerves.
Anyway before i knew it, i was done and i was told to stand up. It felt pretty weird - like most explained, the feeling was as if i have done a tough workout. It was definitely painful and I sure wasn't anticipating the pain that I felt the next day.
I was assisted upstairs (many previous patients described it as mount everest in their blogs) and it felt like a never ending staircase haha. But i was amazed that I could climb up the stairs. I was also asked if i wanted one of the maids to sleep in my room with me so she could assist me in getting up to the toilet etc. but i didn't really feel comfortable with the idea so I rejected the offer.
Day 2
Yep, as expected, the pain was a whole new level that I can't even describe it now as my brain might've chose to forget it (it's a human defence mechanism i believe). But it's amazing how i could still manoeuvre around my room alone, holding on to the furnitures around me to assist me. i could even walk downstairs for my lymphatic massage! my pain tolerance and determination must be off the roof. of course i had to take very little baby steps down and I remembered Yusma's cheeky but cute daughter laughing at me haha. I told her "don't get fat next time if not you'll be like me" hahaha.
The massage felt really good. Painful, but the good kind of pain. omg, i sound quite masochistic now haha but it was pretty reliving. The rest of the day was spent in my room, reading books and watching series, thank god they have free internet! :)
Day 3 and 4
The pain was about the same but boyyy look at this! my calves and ankles were MASSIVE from the swelling. My right calf and ankle was also noticeably more swollen then the left
I went down for the massage again and it was reliving that i wish i could bring Yusma back with me to melbourne so I can have her massage for me everyday haha.
I left on Day 4 in the afternoon and was chauffeured by Tommy again to the airport. I was pretty worried about the swelling as i had to fly from KL to Melbourne which is a long flight.
And yeah, my suspicions were confirmed and look how massive they look!
2 weeks after
By the second week, I was pretty mobile already without feeling excruciating pain and I could do some light exercises.
The bruises were nearly gone but the swelling still persists.
A month after
I would say this has been the smallest my lower legs has ever been - especially my left lower leg! As mentioned earlier, my right lower leg was noticeably more swollen in day 2. I would also add that the result that i have above is not consistent everyday. Some days they will look really nice and slim while on other days they could still swell up to elephant legs especially after a whole day of walking.
In terms of mobility - I feel like I can get back into my usual workout routine but to be safe, i haven't done that, and so Ive been doing some jogging. And given the right time (and angle) my legs look really good haha.
Of course, i am still anticipating for the final results as I wouldn't be able to fully appreciate Dr. Arthur's art until after about 6 months or even up till a year given how traumatising lower leg lipo is. Im pretty happy with the results so far, but i will admit there are days where I feel like 'nothing's changed' due to the swelling that has covered up. But again, only time will tell!
Till next time, I will update again when I've hit the 2nd month mark! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment