Background
Growing up, I wasn't like any other girls. I was bigger than anyone else - even the biggest boys in school. It wasn't a laughing matter as I was always teased and bullied at because of my bigger frame. It didn't really help when I had hit puberty earlier than everyone else did too; as I was still, the bigger one. With that, I was always sad and insecure about my body. My self esteem was always at the low end. I didn't want to go to school because of how other kids would talk about me. And you know what they say - kids are the ones who are the most brutally honest with their opinions.
I looked at myself in the mirror everyday. Pinching my fats. Pointing out all the imperfections of my body. Ews and yucks seem to make up the perfect vocabulary to whenever I describe about my body. At one point where I hit my highest weight in high school, I decided, this was it. I had to do something about this. I had to put a stop to all this hating on my body, on myself. I dieted, exercised, so on and so forth.
And so, I hit a normal weight that I am now. But still, I am not happy about it. There's one thing they say - you can't really 'target' problematic areas as when you diet and exercise, you lose the overall weight and fats of your body. There are still bulges on my body that I want to get rid of. After much googling on this topic, WOW! There IS a solution to it! And that is liposuction.
I've always expressed my concerns of my own body to my parents, and they know how unhappy I was since young. And so, I brought up on the topic of liposuction to them. It wasn't easy for them to agree with it at first, being liposuction is a major surgery after all. And, I am still young. I haven't even hit my 20s yet! But I'm thankful that I have ever such supporting and loving parents who did agree in the end. And not only that, but I'm also thankful that I'm generally blessed and fortunate enough to have afford this. And so, my journey begins.
As I was studying my degree in Australia, I thought it would be my best interest to have liposuction done in Australia. Though I wouldn't deny that it was also a matter of convenience as well. I stumbled upon a cosmetic surgeon's website. Not gonna lie, but I was truly impressed by the number of the practices he has established throughout Australia. But like they said - quality does not define quantity.
With that being said, it is quite obvious that my liposuction surgery with that particular surgeon didn't go well. I was unhappy again for a whole year. I told myself that I have to fix this so I did my googling again. And that's when I found about Dr. Arthur Tjandra.
Before surgery
Prior to the surgery, I have been exchanging emails with their lovely client service coordinator, Jennifer. I was told that it may be hard to perform liposuction on the same areas again due to adhesion scars forming at the previously lipo-ed areas. Also I needed to have realistic expectation as my thighs were extremely thick and one session f liposuction is not possible to achieve skinny legs. I understood that and decided to proceed with the arrangements.
I was told to get a blood test to make sure everything is normal. After that, Jennifer reserved a slot on the 4th May for my surgery with Dr. Arthur. I proceeded to book my flights and yes, I was extremely excited but I must say, nervous at the same time as this will be my second time. However, I told myself to give my full trust in Dr. Arthur especially after seeing all the masterpieces he published on his YouTube channel and website http://elixirdevie.sg
I arrived one day before my surgery and I was picked up by their chauffeur Ronny and it took about 1.5 hours to drive from Kuala Namu airport to Medan. I was greeted by Yusma when we reached the clinic and she was really nice and kind throughout my stay in Medan. I saw numerous pictures of Dr. Arthur and his marathon runs on the wall whilst climbing up the stairs. I thought to myself, wow this doctor is really fit!
I spent the rest of my day in my ensuite room that provided a TV, DVD players and there's an aircon too!
Surgery day
I had fried rice for breakfast and was called down for consultation with Dr. Arthur. He is a super friendly and genuine person and I can tell that he is really passionate about what he is doing. Again he told me that I needed to maintain my expectations as I had liposuction done before and my thighs were gigantic. Overall, the consultation was entertaining and I wasn't uncomfortable at any point. After that, I went up for lunch and was called down again for the surgery.
Before the surgery, i was taken into the massage room to have the IV tube injected. Dr. Arthur said I need to go back to lift some weights as he couldn't find my veins for a long time haha. After that, we went to the surgery room and Dr. Arthur proceed to take pre-surgery photos and videos. And then I was on the operating table.
Unlike in Australia, where I had GA, Dr. Arthur injected LA into my thighs. The LA injection itself was quite painful but bearable nonetheless. After the LA, the procedure was generally painless except for the times when Dr. Arthur had to 'break' the fibrous tissues caused by my previous liposuction. I couldn't remember for most part of the surgery until I was asked to stand up for a post-surgery video.
I was taken up back to my room after the surgery and rested for the rest of the day. Towards midnight, Dr. Arthur came in to my room to check on my pulse and asked if everything was fine. I said yes and dozed off.
After surgery
I didn't feel much pain in my thighs as well when i woke up in the morning. Just some soreness like after an intense exercise, but still tolerable. I was slacking the entire day in my room and was scheduled for a drainage after my breakfast. The drainage wasn't painful, contrary to what other bloggers described. Overall, it was pretty relaxing. Dr. Arthur came in to check on me again later at night.
I spent the next two days in my room, just resting and entertaining myself.
Last day
Ronny came to pick me up in the morning. I was quite disappointed that I could not bid farewell to Dr. Arthur and Yusma but I think I might see them again in the future? haha. I enjoyed my ride to airport and immersed myself in Medan's scenery and the people.
2 weeks after
There is still some bruising and swelling. I was told that i will appreciate the final masterpiece after a few months but I already saw such a huge difference in the matter of two weeks! Huge thanks to Dr. Arthur who made it happen for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Revision calves lipo 2nd month update
Hi everyone! It has been 2 months since my revision calves lipo with Dr. Arthur Tjandra of Elixir de Vie. As promised, Im here to give ano...
-
Hi everyone! It has been 2 months since my revision calves lipo with Dr. Arthur Tjandra of Elixir de Vie. As promised, Im here to give ano...
-
As I have forgotten to bring my pen drive, I didn't have a copy of the videos with me. But Dr. Arthur has updated about my case study i...
-
Background Growing up, I wasn't like any other girls. I was bigger than anyone else - even the biggest boys in school. It wasn't a...
No comments:
Post a Comment